World War 2 Curriculum Unit
This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about World War II that integrates reading and literacy. There are 7 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
The 7 lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Causes of WWII
♦Major European Battles of WWII
♦Major Pacific Battles of WWII
♦Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party
♦The Manhattan Project
♦Aftermath of WWII
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes and unit test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes and unit test are also self-grading!
This unit includes:
• 7 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 7 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 7 informational reading passages about WWII
• 28 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 7 quizzes
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• 7 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes and unit test
• 7 graphic organizers
• study guide
• editable unit test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
•audio of each reading passage, quiz, and unit test COMING SOON
Specific reading skills in this unit are: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, author's purpose & text structure, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 7 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
Teaching Experience- 19 years
Education- Oglethorpe University BA Education; Walden University MEd Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; ABD Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; Gifted Endorsement; On-Line Teaching Endorsement; Administrative Leadership Certificate
Blogger & Creator- www.brainyapples.com; Brainy Apples- Heather LeBlanc, LLC; Teachers Pay Teachers:
StartLesson 1: Reading Passage
StartLesson 1: Note Taking Reading Passage
StartLesson 1: Graphic Organizer
StartLesson 1: PowerPoint
StartLesson 1: Slotted Notes
StartLesson 1: Editable Slotted Notes
StartLesson 1: Activities
StartLesson 1: Interactive Notebook Activity
StartLesson 1: Primary Source Analysis
StartLesson 1: Quiz