This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about World War I that integrates reading and literacy. There are 5 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of the individual lessons listed below are ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes and unit test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes and unit test are also self-grading!
This unit includes:
• 5 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 5 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 5 informational reading passages about WWI
• 20 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 5 quizzes
•Google slides of all components
•5 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• 5 graphic organizers
• study guide
• editable unit test with answer key
• teacher's guide with 2 suggested pacing maps
• answer keys
• GOOGLE slides of all lesson components
• GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes and unit test
• audio of reading passages, quizzes, and test COMING SOON
Specific reading skills in this unit are: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 5 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
Teaching Experience- 17 years
Education- Oglethorpe University BA Education; Walden University MEd Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; ABD Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; Gifted Endorsement; On-Line Teaching Endorsement; Administrative Leadership Certificate
Blogger & Creator- www.brainyapples.com; Teachers Pay Teachers: Brainy Apples- Heather LeBlanc, LLC