This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the Roaring '20s & Great Depression that integrates reading and literacy. There are 6 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 6 weeks of materials.
This unit includes:
• 6 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 6 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 6 informational reading passages about the 1920s & 1930s (note taking version of the informational passages is included for each one)
• 24 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, data analysis, significant people, political cartoon, literary works, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 6 quizzes
• 6 graphic organizers
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
•audio of each reading passage, quiz, and test
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; citing textual evidence & making inferences; text structure; and central ideas & summary.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 6 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
Teaching Experience- 17 years
Education- Oglethorpe University BA Education; Walden University MEd Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; ABD Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; Gifted Endorsement; On-Line Teaching Endorsement; Administrative Leadership Certificate
Blogger & Creator- www.brainyapples.com; Teachers Pay Teachers: Brainy Apples- Heather LeBlanc, LLC