This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the Colonial America era that integrates reading and literacy. There are 5 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 6 weeks of materials.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
The 5 lessons included in this curriculum unit are:
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes, unit test, and modified test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test are also self-grading!
• 5 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 5 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 5 informational reading passages about the Colonial America era (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 20 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, geographical connection, significant people, political cartoon, literary works, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• 5 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key (Google version included)
• editable modified test with answer key (Google version included)
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
•audio of each reading passage, quiz, and test
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; text structure; integration multiple sources of information; and central ideas & summary.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 5 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents.