American Revolution Curriculum Unit
This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the American Revolution that integrates reading and literacy. There are 7 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 7 weeks of materials. I will be adding an audio of each passage soon!
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
The 7 lessons included iincluded in this unit bundle are:
♦Causes of the American Revolution
♦Battles & Events of the American Revolution
♦Declaration of Independence
♦France's Role in the American Revolution
♦Key People of the American Revolution VOL.1
♦Key People of the American Revolution VOL.2
♦Impacts of the American Revolution
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of the individual lessons listed below are ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes and unit test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes and unit test are also self-grading!
This unit includes:
• 7 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 7 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 7 informational reading passages about the US Revolutionary War
• 28 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 7 quizzes
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• 7 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes and unit test
• 7 graphic organizers
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
•audio of each reading passage, quiz, and unit test COMING SOON
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; citing textual evidence & making inferences; text structure; central ideas & summary; and integrating multiple sources of information.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 7 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
Teaching Experience- 19 years
Education- Oglethorpe University BA Education; Walden University MEd Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; ABD Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment; Gifted Endorsement; On-Line Teaching Endorsement; Administrative Leadership Certificate
Blogger & Creator- www.brainyapples.com; Brainy Apples- Heather LeBlanc, LLC; Teachers Pay Teachers:
StartLesson 1: Reading Passage
StartLesson 1: Note Taking Reading Passage
StartLesson 1: Graphic Organizer
StartLesson 1: PowerPoint
StartLesson 1: Slotted Notes
StartLesson 1: Editable Slotted Notes
StartLesson 1: Activities
StartLesson 1: Primary Source Analysis
StartLesson 1: Interactive Notebook Activities
StartLesson 1: Quiz